Monday, November 12, 2012

Weekend update


Friday was the first day that I’ve missed a workout in 6 weeks. That is, I take one rest day per week, and I had already taken mine for last week. Some friends came to town and we saw Rubblebucket at the Georgia Theatre on Friday night. It was a blast, and totally worth the missed workout.
The short video I took with my iPhone makes it look kind of rave-like and dull, but it wasn't at all. There were people in giant socks, dancing robots, and lots of horns and whistling. I guess the video is really only good for showing the giant dancing robots and does not do justice to how much fun these guys were to watch.

Saturday, we took those same friends to IHOP, meaning that I ate my weight in greasy food. The blueberry harvest grain n’ nut pancakes I ate were technically a healthy option, but pairing them with bacon, hashbrowns, and fried eggs… not so much. Afterwards, I decided I’d try to run 4 miles. Yikes. The late night of the concert, the greasy food, and the lack of hydration made this the hardest run I think I’ve ever done. The temperature also had something to do with it. After a week in the 50’s and 60’s, Saturday jumped up to the 70’s and I still tried to run in a long-sleeved shirt and shorts. I got my 4 miles in, but I’m pretty sure most of the people that passed me on my run considered calling the paramedics. My face was beet red and stayed that way for close to an hour after I finished the run. Not pretty. The day was gorgeous though. 



This was my less-than-successful attempt to take a picture while running. Notice the headphone cords in the upper left corner. I was wiped out. I guess didn’t have the energy to even take a decent picture. It took me 39:02 to run that 4 miles Saturday, and considering the stoplights and the fact that I was about to die, that’s not too shabby. 










Sunday, however, was a different story. I tried extra hard to hydrate myself in the morning before attempting 4 miles again. This time around, my goal was not to stop at all during the 4 miles, and not to walk. This meant I had to choose a route where there were no stoplights and no crosswalks. Lots of right turns and repetition made for a less exciting, but also much faster run. In runner speak, that was my “PR” for 4 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment